What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills and main concepts relating to computational thinking and coding.
- Certifies best practice in computational thinking and coding.
- Introduces concepts and skills that are essential for anyone interested in developing specialised IT skills.
- Assists in developing generic problem solving skills that are useful for everyone.
- Developed with input from subject matter experts and practising computing professionals from around the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to computing and the typical activities involved in creating a program.
- Understand and use computational thinking techniques like problem decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and
algorithms to analyse a problem and develop solutions.
- Write, test and modify algorithms for a program using flowcharts and pseudocode.
- Understand key principles and terms associated with coding and the importance of well-structured and documented code.
- Understand and use programming constructs like variables, data types, and logic in a program.
- Improve efficiency and functionality by using iteration, conditional statements, procedures and functions, as well as events and
commands in a program.
- Test and debug a program and ensure it meets requirements before release.
|Computational thinking methods
|Starting to code
|Building using code
|Test, debug and release